Saturday, January 29, 2011

A sweet treat you can feel good about!

Some of my extended family and i are doing a biggest loser competition and i want to share some of the knowledge that i have learned with my degree in Fitness and Wellness! i think i am going to start posting a recipe, a healthy eating tip and maybe even an excercise tip each week. So look for it and lets get healthy together!
So my Favorite recipe this week is a delicious and healthy Strawberry Orange sherbert with a side of Beef Jerky! Here are the ingredients!
2Tb skim milk
1/2 orange
4 frozen strawberrys
4 ice cubes
1tsp crystal light
1/2 cap of coconut extract
1/2 cap full vanilla extract
Blend it all together and youve got a delicious sherbert! Heres a tip, it may be easier to blend if you slice up fresh strawberries and then freeze them or just use frozen strawberries if you've got a good blender. Sometimes i also have to add a Tbs more of skim milk to help it blend

Now with this shake you need to pair it with 1 and 1/2 ounces ( 2large peices) of beef jerky! this brings me to the eating tip of the week

Eating tip #1: In every meal you should pair your carbohydrate with a lean protein in order to maximize your metabolism. This treat would be considered an entire meal if you are eating 6 small meals a day

Eating tip #2: extracts are a great way to get flavor in your food without the calories!


I hope you like this recipe the way my family and i do! thanks for reading!

P.S. This recipe is from Live The Life, a fabulous program that teaches you how to eat and live for a happier better you! I am such a fan and i am in my 4th week. hopefully me telling you will help me to become even more accountable. so far i have lost 3.4% of my body weight!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Love the treat. I'm doing body for life and that would be a great mini meal for me! Thanks for the tip!
-Mandy